Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Resolutions

I've seen some friends of mine make new years resolutions on their blogs (25th and Skillern, MandytheOutfitter, CatherineDenton), so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I haven't posted in a while, and I'm sorry for that. Work has been very busy, and I've been bad about cooking at home. I'm hoping to change that (hey, there's a resolution right there!) Let's start.

1. Start cooking at home more. I really, really want to get in the habit of cooking more at home, and making things from scratch. I get in moods where I cook at home for a while, but it never ever really "sticks." So, I am going to start the year by going grocery shopping and making things at home.

2. Blog more. I think if I'm cooking at home, then I will blog more of my recipes. I also want to learn some new recipes, and create many more. I hope I can be more consistent with this blog as well1

3. Love more. I have many times in the day when I can share and show God's grace, and I don't think I ever take those opportunities. I want to show God in my small actions throughout the year, and I definitely need to talk about him more.

4. Become healthier. 2012 was not a great year for my body, nor my health. I started the 2012 by dieting and exercising, and I lost about 10 pounds. I felt fabulous and it was great! The best part was also becoming a healthier person with my husband, who also lost about 10 pounds. We did that for about a month and a half and then it all went downhill. I've since gained the weight back (plus some maybe?) and I haven't exercised in a while. I think I can do this with my husband and be successful!

5. Read  more. I really, really need to read more. If I read right now, it tends to be fictional and for teens. I love fiction, but I cannot only read teen guilty-pleasures. I have a lot of amazing books I have bough in the past, in the hopes that I would read them. I need to make a list and then go through it and read it all!

6. Work on the house. It's pretty self-explanatory, but my home needs to be worked on.

Well, I'm sure I'll come up with more, but I don't want to over-stretch myself. What are some of your new years resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. I too want to cook at home more consistently and with healthy foods. So much fun to read through your list and see your awesome goals! I for one, don't fault you for reading teen fiction; I love middle grade. :) We must talk books soon.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...