I have been craving some delicious Italian food, like manicotti, lasagna, and tortellini. I have been looking for an easy and delicious veggie recipe that wasn't horrible for me, and I finally just decided to attempt one.
I made a veggie lasagna for my husband and I, and guess what? It was delicious and easy! It took about an hour to make (1/2 was baking time),
(Serves 3-6 people. Double recipe as needed).
- 3/4 cups shredded Mozzarella & Parmesan
- 15 oz container of low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- your favorite veggies (I used spinach, onions, and green onions).
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Lasagna noodles (about 9 noodles) for a 9 x 13 pan.
1. If using frozen spinach, thaw and drain of all liquids before anything.
2. Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain. (or if you buy quick-cook noodles, follow directions on box).
3. In a large saucepan, cook and stir vegetables, including onions, garlic, green onions the pasta sauce. If using spinach,
4. Mix together ricotta frozen spinach.I also put the salt, pepper, oregano and some garlic powder in as well. (Also a dash of nutmeg, cause why not?!
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1/4 pasta sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/3 lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining the remaining mozzarella/parm cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
7. I put the broiler on for about 5-10 minutes and let the top get really cooked to be crispy. If you like a gooey top, then take it out!
|Crispy top... mmmmmm.....|
8. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy!